PULLED PORK SLIDERS
Who doesn’t love a good pulled pork slider?! We first made these puppies for Monkey #5’s graduation party a couple years ago and they were a hit! There is just something so amazing about steaming, hot pulled pork smothered in your favorite spicy, sweet bbq sauce on a lightly toasted, subtly sweet Hawaiian roll. Our mouths are watering already!! These are great for big crowds, family get-togethers, and, of course, SUPER BOWL SUNDAY! They’re so EASY too!! We can’t wait for you to try it!
1 Pork shoulder/butt roast, bone in or boneless (Approx. ¼ lb. per person)
Pepper to taste
Salt to taste
Garlic to taste- granulated
Onion to taste (granulated)
1 package of King’s Hawaiian Rolls (or preferred rolls/bread of choice)
1. Place roast in crock pot and lightly season to taste (you can adjust later). It is best to season the meat a couple of hours prior to cooking.
2. I enjoy putting the roast in before taking off to work (set to low temp) and removing in the afternoon (about 8-10 hours) when I get home. Putting it in before going to bed is a useful option from time to time as well.
3. Place roast on a large baking sheet and roughly pull apart to help it cool down (remove the bone if you have one. It should slide out easily.) Wait about 15-20 minutes or until you can handle easily without getting burned.
4. Remove as much as you can of the fat pieces, but try to leave most of the juice in the slow cooker. Use two forks to pull apart or by hand if it is cool enough.
5. Cut your Hawaiian rolls in half, lightly butter the inside, and toast in a pan until lightly browned.
6. Pile the pork up on the rolls, smother in Five Monkeys BBQ Sauce. Add coleslaw, greens, or cold cheese for a fresher aspect to the hot goodness!
7. You can also enjoy this fresh out of the slow cooker on sandwiches, nachos, salads, burritos, and tacos or a la carte with Five Monkeys BBQ Sauce.
8. Stuff your face and ENJOY!