FIVE MONKEYS BBQ SAUCE CHICKEN LETTUCE WRAPS
We love having chicken lettuce wraps for dinner to mix things up. Not only is it delicious, but it is a healthier alternative to chicken tacos. We decided on creating a healthier meal using our sauce because we wanted to appeal to those who are trying to live healthier lifestyles. These “little tugboats of love”, as Monkey #1 calls them, have so many levels of taste and texture, they’re impossible not to love!!
1 package Boneless, skinless chicken thigh
Lemon Pepper seasoning to taste
Salt to taste
1 cup Shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 Sm. Head Your favorite variety of lettuce to use as a cup for ingredients
1 Tomato Diced
1 Avocado Diced
1 cup Sour cream
2 tsp lime juice
¼ tsp cumin
½ tsp paprika
½ tsp chili powder
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp onion powder
¼ tsp cayenne
1 tsp Tapatio hot sauce
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Place thighs on plate and lightly dust with the lemon seasoning and salt. It is best to season a couple of hours prior to cooking.
2. When ready to cook, place chicken on hot grill or broil in the oven.
3. The thighs generally take about 5-7 mins before ready to turn. After turning over drizzle with Five Monkeys BBQ Sauce and close the lid or oven door.
4. Check often for flare ups and to make sure the chicken is not burning. Approximately another 5 mins or so of cooking time. Make sure they are cooked thoroughly, but not overdone.
5. When finished cooking, let the chicken cool a bit, then cut into small chunks (about 1/2 inch chunks). Chunk cut the leftovers for other great uses like nachos, salads, burritos, tacos, etc.
6. Clean, wash, and dry lettuce and form into little tug boat receptacles (form cups with the leaves).
7. Put a spoonful of chicken and spread evenly on lettuce.
8. Top with tomato, avocado & cheese
9. Drizzle with lime crema (for the crema, mix all ingredients together and transfer to squeeze bottle) & Five Monkeys BBQ Sauce